hull lines of a Trireme 38 & Francoise Charpentier contact info

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by cadmus, Oct 4, 2009.

?

Can a fin keel ever be as safe as a full keel on a 40' sailboat?

Poll closed Sep 29, 2010.
  1. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. cadmus

cadmus da boom hit'um 1ce 2often

I have been playing with designs for a large (40' ish) aluminum sailboat that i don't plan on starting for 5-10 years. Though my ideal boat has a rounder bilge, longer keel... lots of little things... This boat has been on my mind. I am a little smitten with it.
    http://nl.yachtworld.com/boten/1991/Trireme-38-MK-IV-1845532/Frankrijk
    http://www.alphaglobalex.com/Boat.aspx
    You can find tons of sights about it by googleing "Barabbas Trireme 38 MK-IV" because it is for sale. Good thing it is almost sold because i am sick of thinking about it, not that it was going to be easy, it is way out of my league.

Does anyone have Profile plan, body plan, half-breadth, 3-d file, or other useful tool for modeling a Trireme-38? Why reinvent the wheel if this boat is better?

Does anyone know how to contact the designer, Francoise Charpentier? I have messed with google translate for about a month now and have yet to find her/him. (That is a female name right?) (Builder was Bernard De Castro)

Does anyone have experience with this boat? I have seen a few used ones for sale in Europe. How do they handle rough seas, heave to, how is the immediate and ultimate stability, maneuverability, head room (i'm 6'3")... etc? That hugged skeg looks like it might be a good compromise between the racer and the conservative safety nut in me.

Thanks,
    Pete Cadmus

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Can you rephrase your poll question? "save"

3. cadmus

I'll never push the "poll" button again.

No, unfortunately i can not edit it :confused: . Or turn it off :( . It should say "safe". I figured it would be off in the corner. Inconspicuous. No wonder no one ever does polls. Sorry. It detracted from the post. And likely seams irrelevant, especially to folks who don't sail, but I promise it was the question that inspired the post. Full keel sailboats are safer in rough seas, But slower & non-responsive compared to fin keel. But if you look at the photo of that hull it looks like a great compromise, thus the desire to find the designer. Sorry. I will never push the "poll" button again. promise. If someone can tell me how to make the poll go away please do.

4. peter radclyffe

peter radclyffe Senior Member

Et il ya celles qui fabriquent des bateaux. Telle Christel Corbel,. ... l'affaire créée dix ans plus tôt par son père, François, charpentier de marine. ...
    www.magnautic.com/nautisme/economie/.../74 - Copia cache - Simili
    Bateaux
    is it francois

5. cadmus

Thank you Peter Radclyffe for that link. Sorry it took so long to thank you but it took me a few months just to figure out what it said. I really have lost all faith in google translate and babbelfish.

I think I found an address here
    http://www.cg22.fr/fileadmin/pdf/Magazines/33/decideur3.pdf

Chantier naval de l’Arguenon
    Place Gilles-de-Bretagne
    Le Port du Guildo
    22103 Crehen

phone: 02 96 41 22 32

Is this right? is that all i need to label a letter?
    Can anyone find an email? or website?
    is the company name "Chantier naval de l’Arguenon"

Thanks for the help,
    Pete Cadmus

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.