Hull Line Drawings

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by kenJ, Nov 22, 2005.

1. kenJ

kenJ Senior Member

Would like to make some half hulls for my dock mates as christmas presents. Hunter will not supply line drawings, still working with Catalina. Any body out there have copies of the design lines for the C34, H36 and H38? Not looking for anything exotic, simple 1 page with the lines shown in fore/aft and side views will work.

Thanks.

Ken

PS I finally got the PCsail program to work. Thanks for the replies.

2. wdnboatbuilder

wdnboatbuilder Senior Member

I woukld be surprised that anyone gives you a lines plan. understanding that you don't want to build but that guarded secrets

3. kenJ

kenJ Senior Member

RE: Lines

Thanks for the reply. You are probably right, but how many secrets are there to production boats? The C34 is approaching 20 years old. Walk around any marina/sales office and they are sitting on the hard on stands not covered/draped like the VOR and America's Cup boats. Commercial vendors have models for sale, either they have a relationship with the builders or have developed their own plans.

PS we are good friends with Capt. Casey who runs the Captain's School in Cape Coral, you have a beautiful town.

Ken

4. nero

nero Senior Member

If you can take picts of the hull in side, end's, and bottom view, then using TouchCad you can get real close to the hull shape. Then it is just a matter of making some e-templates.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.