Hull Design of a multihull passenger ferry

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by NITHIN BABU, Mar 15, 2017.

1. NITHIN BABU

NITHIN BABU Junior Member

what all we have to consider while designing HULL of a multihull passenger ferry?

2. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

The normal thing is to have a SOR that, among other things, will define the type of hull to use. So, in my opinion, the first step would be to write a SOR and, with it, draw a GA plane to check if there is space on the ship for everything it has to carry.

3. NITHIN BABU

NITHIN BABU Junior Member

I have prepared GA and all, I want to know is there anything to consider while designing double Hull

4. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

As I have told you, what you should prepare is the SOR of your ship, as detailed as possible. There are, indeed, many things to keep in mind, regulations to be fulfilled, scantlings, stability, security, comfort .... The same things as in a mono-hull, if this helps you.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.