hull curvature

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by berge06, Jan 18, 2010.

1. berge06

berge06 Junior Member

Hi

Are the different lines marked with numbers the curvature different radiuses at different points in the hull?

If so it's just what i need. Thank you.

berge 06

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

From your posting I take it you can't read blueprints. You should learn the basics.

3. Raggi_Thor

Raggi_Thor Nav.arch/Designer/Builder

I don't know what to say :)
    Gonzo said it :)

4. berge06

berge06 Junior Member

Hi

I have no background from ship engineering or enything like that. I am actually a car body repair guy going to school to get a more general technical background in mechanical engineering. I have studied some mechanical blueprints, but mostly I have been drawing mechanial parts like flages and such. So when I ask its because I want to lern and because enough to complete my assignment in this project. I think you guys can give me a simple answer.

I am sending you an e-mail, Thor in norwegian. Tror det blir lettere å forklare hav jeg mener da.

berge06

5. Raggi_Thor

Raggi_Thor Nav.arch/Designer/Builder

sorry if we seem unpolite or harch.
    but there are no simple answer(s) to this.
    Even a big boat or ship can have hard bilges, knuckles or other areas with curvature approaching infinity, radius = 0.
    I think what you want to know is if you cleaning equippment can reach all parts of the hull? Then you have to decide a size for the frame (if you call it that) and then analyse some hulls to see how much the cleaning head(s) has to move out and in. Just my guess.

6. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

It takes time to learn to read bueprints. Some people never get it. I am not sure there is any other way, but to look at blueprints and the finished products.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.