Houseboat/Yacht Hybrid

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by WestVanHan, Feb 6, 2012.

1. WestVanHan

WestVanHan Not a Senior Member

2. taniwha

taniwha Senior Member

see nothing special about them except that they both had a bow collision with a harbour wall.

3. Squidly-Diddly

Squidly-Diddly Senior Member

I'm a big fan of making any flat roof a 'deck'.

For the life of me, I never understood a flat roofed house like you see in CA that didn't have a deck on the roof.

Given the price of living space, and the fact that a deck(planks spaced maybe 1/4" on beams) would also insulate from sun, I don't see why it wouldn't be the first thing to do.

Maybe building codes, but I don't think so.

First thing I'd want on any RV(house-car to Brits) is a deck on the roof, even if it means adding fold down handrails.

4. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

Not the sort of boat I'd want to cross an ocean in, but for some they would make good sense... The idea is valid... I'm not so keen on some aspects of the execution. Ay least they aren't as tall as they are long, like so many of the current crop of production cruisers

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.