homemade enclosure?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by dogboy, Nov 9, 2004.

1. dogboy

dogboy New Member

I have a 20 foot Grady-White fishing boat built in 1980. The bimini top that came with it is on its last legs. A custom built t-top is more than I paid for the boat. Any ideas/leads on a design for a retrofit wooden enclosure that can look homemade but not downright ugly would be appreciated. Am considering extruded and sheet aluminum in conjunction with wood. :confused:

2. 8knots

8knots A little on the slow side

You might talk to your local sign supply Warehouse and ask for a "Signcomp" catalog. They have several nice extrusion profiles that I think would lend themselves to top construction. most of the post and panel profiles have a nice radius and relief for .080" or .125" panels. ask them for a "dibond" sample as well. and if you are lucky they might have a production manual for that dibond.
    Good luck 8

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.