Help needed in finding out what boat this is?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by JJ7893, Jul 1, 2010.

1. JJ7893

JJ7893 New Member

Hi all, I'm a newbie here so hello from me. My father and myself are just about to buy a boat but we need to know what make and model it is. The closest I got to is the MicroPlus but the hull is different; Please have a look and let me know what you think.

Images removed

Now this is the hard bit my father already owns half of it from my grandfather after he past away 5 years ago. But the owner of the other half was funny about my dad having it, so I said to him the other day about getting ourself a boat for sea fishing and he thought about the Ogwen2. Anyway my dad went to see if the boat was still in its same place it was for the last 5 years and it was sure still there in a right sorry state. So these images above are when my grandfather past away. Now I found a boat that my dad was willing to invest in untill I said to him I would rather have Ogwen2 so he made the phone call there and then and found out it was up for sale but to cut the long story short my dad wants to know what model is it and how old it is and most of all how much is it worth? Well don't want to undercut the guy and pay over the odds of what it is worth. But most of all we want to get insurance for it.

Now I have not see the boat for years and from what my dad said it's in a right mess but a couple of weeks work should see it right for the sea. These are the only thing I know about it;
    It needs a good old scrub down,
    Canopy needs replacing;
    Engine needs a service;
    Trailer bearings need replacing;
    May need new tyres;
    Not seen the inside of the boat yet so no idea what it looks like!
    I hope there is a good eagle eyed member out there that can spot what it is please.

Many thanks for your help.

JJ & Col

2. JJ7893

JJ7893 New Member

I found out what it is from another forum. thanks for looking. .....JJ

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.