Free!Ship Design Help 5.5 Planning Hull

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by RoBoT6779, Jul 21, 2013.

1. DCockey

DCockey Senior Member

Thanks. That's a fundamental difference from Rhino which can create a developable surface based on two input curves such as the keel and chine or chine and sheer. Of course the input curves have to suitable as opposite edges of developable surfaces.

2. quequen

quequen Senior Member

Just in case, you can download the Freeship 3.41 small version (free of malware) directly from this post:

http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/de...-michlet-transom-sterns-47214.html#post641708

Be aware: do not visit any of the web pages that come into the .txt files

David: Freeship Developing routine is pretty interesting, particularly when developing non totally developable surfaces: it colour the bad regions, makes up to 25 iterations to find the better solution, and after development shows the reached accuracy for each plate, so you can take your own decisions about modifying and refining you surfaces.

3. RoBoT6779

RoBoT6779 Junior Member

Now I have my computer up and running again, I've finally been able to look at your answers. 5.4v2 is exactly the way I want the hull to be designed. My knowledge tells me that these ruling lines should all come from a single apex point (how ever far off into the distance). Is there a command or function to align the control-net this way, or is just hit and miss place them where you think??? FYI I will be using the same method for the sides of the boat. QueQuen your download worked perfectly. Thanks

4. jarmo.hakkinen

jarmo.hakkinen Junior Member

Actually, the ruling lines don't have to come from a single apex point, but can be a combination of parallel (Cylindrical) lines and lines from apex (conical). The trick is, that when changing from one to another, the edges of them must be joined, i.e. Apex of the cone must be on the side line of the cylinder, and the new apex of different radius and height, must join the edge of the previous. Hopefully the picture clarifies it a bit. And there's this: http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/boat-design/request-your-input-my-design-47644-7.html#post641486

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.