Floating dock

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by muthubd14, Apr 11, 2014.

1. viking north

viking north VINLAND

MMmmm --This is going no where fast-- I offered to let sleeping dogs lay so I will respond one more time, Tansl -- I did a little research in your past postings and no doubt you are more qualified than me in the engineering aspect, myself being more of a self taught quasi designer/hands on builder. However I am not totally ignorant of the difference between a floating dock/platform and a floating dry dock of which you describe in your opening sentence. I do not assume to know the thinking inside another persons head, thus my attempt to communicate with Muthubd14 in an effort to see if I could help him/her?. If it was a simple land to floating dock gangway connection which requires: (a stable land hinge attachment, floatation engineered to carry a deck/platform including extra floatation located to carry the load of the off centered gangway, plus reinforcing points for deck hinges to take the stresses of tidal and wave action and last but not least shock assisted cable cross bracing between the floating dock platform to land connection) Then I have the experience to help. If it is some huge floating dry dock , then from your intense responses on Muthubd14's behalf, You're the Man. There is no right or wrong here just two forum members having different translations and responses to a fellow member who is English language challenged. With that I bid you adieau and good sailing . Case Closed ---Geo.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014

2. muthubd14

muthubd14 Junior Member

Sorry buddies. My lack of knowledge in floating dock, seems to have created some tension among people.. If anyone can suggest me a link or post some material, it would help me learn ... Thanks in advance. Sorry Again.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.