floating boat lift

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by gregs, May 16, 2007.

1. CDK

CDK retired engineer

This one doesn't float, but it lifts my 3.5 metric tonnes boat high and dry.
    Two threaded spindles, bronze nuts with ball bearings under them for easy turning under load and some stainless steel tube to form a vise.
    Under the bow, not visible, is small carrier with rubber rolls.

I've used this system for many years, five years ago added another 4" to the bow carrier when the sea-level rose and recently discarded it all because the flood extremes are catching up with me again.

Attached Files:

2. TollyWally

TollyWally Senior Member

CDK,
    Your boat and location match my own situation fairly closely. Do you have any photos you could post showing more details? Thanks.

3. mralda

mralda Junior Member

I'll put the boat in the water tomorrow and will take some new pictures...

4. CDK

CDK retired engineer

All pictures were taken from the next pier, so they show no details, but I made you a crude drawing, showing half of the lift and the bow rollers.

Attached Files:

• lift.jpg
      lift.jpg
      File size:
      56.6 KB
      Views:
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.