Final year Project

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by dlynch, Nov 22, 2004.

1. dlynch

dlynch Junior Member

Hello all

I am a studying my final yaer in BSc (Hons) Yacht Manufacturing and Surveying at the Southampton Institute.

My chosen project title is
    "A feasibility of converting small cruising yachts, for unrestricted ocean use for a short handed crew"

For my dissertation i have decided to use the Contessa 32 as a basis vessel, mainly due to it's proven track record. The main focus areas of the project will include, specifying a fit out to suit the new requirements.

Ideally I want to regenerate the basis vessel in AutoCAD, so that i can show installations in place etc. Also to use max surf, so that i can run the drawing through Hydromax and a VPP program.

Many weeks have been used searching the internet and also contacting (David Sadler) the designer who is now based in New Zealand, attempting to find a copy of the drawings, but to no avail.

If any member has thoughts or ideas :idea: that they think may be of benefit, please email me at dlynchy@hotmail.com

Regards

David Lynch

2. fcfc

fcfc Guest

Was not one of the two boats deeply analyzed in the Fastnet 1979 report ?
    winner of class V, because she was the only one to finish in that class ?

3. DaveB

DaveB Senior Member

4. DaveB

DaveB Senior Member

5. dlynch

dlynch Junior Member

Project

Thanks for your replies guys.

I found the 1979 Fastnet enquiry, conducted by the Wolfson unit which is based at the uni, whilst I am studying at the Institute.

It would be of great assistance if i could find the body plan or even drawings on maxsurf.

Cheers

Dave Lynch

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.