fiberglass riverboat

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by SWIFTWATER KID, Oct 8, 2016.

1. SWIFTWATER KID

SWIFTWATER KID Junior Member

Thanks to everybody.........at this point I think my best option is to make 24" test patches using different materials and weave directions and then test for fail.

That knowledge will give me the most comfort......As for the guy who thought I should line the bottom using a titanium sheet.....hopefully that was sarcasem, or else you just took the crown as..... king of krazy!

all the best and thanks again

2. jorgepease

jorgepease Senior Member

I run a micro drafting flats skiff in the keys, hard bottom, it's not as bad as running a river but I don't see why your outboard jet hit the bottom. It should be above bottom of boat, you can use a 2 inch high tunnel to feed it. Once on plane my boat runs in 1.75 inches, the depth of the strakes and the prop is above bottom of boat fed by a tunnel. Outboard is modified with Bobs nose cone for low water pickup.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.