FEM and Sandwich design

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by fencer, Jul 18, 2005.

1. fencer

fencer Junior Member

Hello everyone,

I am trying to make some models in Ansys for sandwich, but i m not sure if what i m doing is right. I m using the help file in ansys, which gives information about shell 91 and 99 being suitable for the same purpose. But this information is not enough for making full models etc. Is there any book or website which gives concrete information on how to make sandwich models in ansys?

/G

2. Karsten

Karsten Senior Member

I don't have experience with ansys but I'm sure it has plate elements somewhere. They should be suitable for normal sandwich structure. You only have to type in the mechanical properties of your sandwich laminate into the plate element properties database. How you determine the mechanical properties of the sandwich laminate is a different story.

Cheers,
    Karsten

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.