Ergo/Anthropometric Modelling

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by sibosun, Jun 4, 2009.

1. sibosun

sibosun Junior Member

I don't know if this is of interest to any of anyone, but I've recently found a nice piece of freeware called MakeHuman, which is designed to model human forms. It's really simple to use, and allows users to build object models of people, allowing customisation based on age, sex, build etc. It can also pose models very easily using human degrees of freedom and with a high degree of surface accuracy. I have found very helpful for working out the ergo/anthrop elements of my models, and for adding a degree of realism to my otherwise slightly dowdy looking renderings. My only complaint (and it isn't huge) is that the models are unclothed, which adds an element of the James Wharram to things. You can find it at:

http://www.makehuman.org/blog/index.php

I think it's really quite good - what do you reckon?

All the best,

Simon.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.