Elliott 6.5 Dimensions

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Sailmb, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Sailmb

Sailmb Junior Member

Hello,
    Just purchased an Elliott 6.5 with a 2m prob & was wondering if anyone had the hull & rig dimensions for the it? I know that not every 6.5 will be identicle but the design dim's would be great. I have seached everywhere & even emailed NZ yachting to see what dim's they use for their rating but haven't heard anything yet.
    I am moving the boat to the US where it will be the only 6.5 in the country so I know we don't have anything on it.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Cam

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  2. RThompson

RThompson Senior Member

Hi Cam,

I note your post is dated quite some time ago. However I am looking at buying one and came across this media article on the first Elliot 6.5 from back in the day:
    http://www.elliott-marine.com/pdfs/elliott6.5/yazoonews.pdf

-thats about the only information I have found.

Out of interest I'm looking at 3 boats: a beaten up old Elliot 6.5 in need of some tender loving care, a Elliot 6.5 in good condition or alternatively a Viper640 (an old one). It seems the Elliot 6.5 is more than 15% heavier than the Viper; dont know how sail areas, righting moment or sailing performance compare. Its nice that the elliot has a little cabin.
    Rob

3. Cheesy

Cheesy Senior Member

The prod is not part of the original design, thats about all I can tell you

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.