Drawing request

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by robweisse, Jan 26, 2009.

1. robweisse

robweisse New Member

Hi, I am looking for something which is quite hard to find!

I need some drawings/diagrams for vessels 20-40m for a project I'm doing at university. Copyright issues are quite making this quite difficult, which I can understand. Basically I would like a profile & plan drawings of a boat (motor or sail) which includes detail of the engine, drive-train (g'box, prop etc), fuel tanks etc. or as much detail that anyone would provide on this area of a vessel.

They don't need to include structural info, just basically whereabouts the above are located and what make/ model they are. I am to write about and document all this and any plans won't go beyond the eyes of myself and the moderators! So if anyone knows of anywhere I can get this, or could pass anything on to me I would be really grateful.

I've found a huge amount drawings and diagrams but they are jusssst too small to be of good use (understandably).

Thanks in advance for any help with this!
    Rob

2. Guest62110524

Guest62110524 Previous Member

you are in Plymouth my son, try the library, you may be able scan stuff

3. Mynhardt Coertz

Mynhardt Coertz Junior Member

hehe... that sounded funny

4. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

:D
    Yeah, that sounds so obvious to someone who had lived back in times when Internet didn't exist, probably much less for 21st century kids... ;)

5. Knut Sand

Knut Sand Senior Member

I still remember the sound the Telex machines made......:rolleyes:

That was even before the telefax..... I remember an episode where the postoffice had the only faxmachine in the town (Flekkefjord), I sliced a A0 drawing up in A4 pieces, numbered these, took the bike to the postal office... cost approx 2,5 Euro per page in the early 80's I belive...:)

That time had a big pre; When you had done a drawing, you added your comments, posted it in 3x and waited 2 weeks for the costumers' comments. Got to tidy up in the office, even when other projects were running. Nowadays you get the comments in 45 sec, email of phone. Doesnt always have the time to get to the toilet and back for a coffee....Is that progress? :rolleyes:

6. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

I agree with you. We are living too fast today.
    So fast that we are unable to slow down and stop and think if all that rush is really worth it...

7. Mynhardt Coertz

You gentlemen are absolutely on the mark . My filosophy for this year is simply not to be a slave to money and the rat race game of collecting but to start living the dream of living . we all end up in the trap of measuring ourselves to what we have instead of what we enjoy....before you know time has gone by. Iam only starting the design of my boat which I hope to build and sail..... it is not work....it is pleasure....but alas one has to finance one 's existence too...

8. robweisse

robweisse New Member

indeed, I actually had to leave my seat for this work!

9. Mynhardt Coertz

Rob , pardon me for asking but what seat did you leave and which work are u referring to (my english com
    prehention is not to hot as I am a boer).

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.