A different world:Rigid Inflatable Boats

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by sele, Jul 8, 2011.

1. BATAAN

BATAAN Senior Member

Obviously in wide use.

Attached Files:

2. jimmy62alan

jimmy62alan Junior Member

pipe boats

Hi Bataan,
    I've just been reading the pipe boat articles they are awesome. That large pipe boat is bordering a tugboat nearly wow.
    ALAN

3. glasscraft

glasscraft New Member

On large RIB's does the tube still serve a purpose? Or is weight carried along for the ride for nothing?

On small RIB's it is flotation plenty to keep the boat high and dry when the boat does get swamped. It's a built in bumper perfect for a tender. On a large RIB, what?

4. jimmy62alan

jimmy62alan Junior Member

large rib

Hi Glasscraft, has made idea got you puzzle. From what I've been told my design has not been done before, well saying that I've taken differant section of the RIBS,CATAMARANS, and HOVERCRAFTS. This is not a super design excercise, its a eco-friendly boat project. The fuel will be recycled on board, there will be solar panels and wind turbines on board. The materials for the boat will be recycled as well, even the VERY LARGE TUBES for the boats main structure.
    ALAN

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.