DEVELOPING PERIOD for new serial yacht??

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by User_U, Mar 31, 2009.

1. User_U

User_U Junior Member

.. I am looking for any press release, article or what aver that show two important dates: start of developing a new boat and the second date: the premiere of the boat, more or less in 30 or 40 ft class.
    I could not find anythink linked about Bavaria, hanse, Jeanneau or Beneteau...

Background: currently we have develope a boat like this and have a full finance partner to launch the project. Until now we have fulfilled everything and the last request from them before launch is to proove the period of developing a new serial boat.

Of course we have done project scheduling highy detailed but they want something from a third party.
    Does anybody has an idea how to do it or knows where to read about...??
    Unfortunatly I tried to search the net for hours without any result - you are the last chance I am afraid :(

2. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

Im not 100% clear in what your asking or seeking, can you be elaborate further please?

3. fcfc

fcfc Senior Member

I do not think Beneteau work with one off or one shot project.

Finot has probably designed a boat for Beneteau as a single project time ago. Now, it is an evolutionnary process.

As the first production boat is launched, the designer continues to work for manufacturing process improvement. And immediatly starts the next project design by starting to collect customer appreciation on the current production boat with the marketing manager , and includes them in the new project design. So as soon as the marketing manager and financial manager think the current design evolution will bring better profits for the manufacturer than the current production boat, they decide to switch prodution to the new model.

Look at design office of car manufacturers. They never stop to design evolutions to current models. Even so called "new" models are just improvements of previous models.

4. Tad

Tad Boat Designer

5. apex1

apex1 Guest

If we are developing a completely new range of yachts we need about 2 years from the first sketches to start building. If we just add another (improved) model to a range existing, thats about 6 month.
    The huge difference depends mainly on refining and testing the design for series production, and outsourcing parts of it.

Fell free to send me a mail (click my name) if you have further questions.
    Auch auf Deutsch.
    Regards
    Richard

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.