Design for a mild steel barge for academic purposes

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by fidelc, Feb 20, 2012.

1. fidelc

fidelc New Member

Hi, I am a masters student of Naval Architecture,

I was wondering if it was possible to have a design for a mild steel barge at least with its offsets and structural members, purely for academic purposes?

I am working with ANSYS multiphysics, and would like to perform static, modal and harmonic analysis (and fatigue if time permits) for a real world vessel but have hit a roadblock.

I cannot afford commercial off the shelf designs now, but i am willing to provide the analysis i would do by early April.

I have access to Maxsurf (and its Modules), Ansys Multiphysics, MATLAB at my university.

This is intended to be a strictly learning experience for me with assurance that no data received will be divulged, but my analysis can be used by the other party as they wish.

Interested prospective designers/firms can email me.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.