Boat Design Forums  |  Boat Design Directory  |  Boat Design Gallery  |  Boat Design Book Store  |  Thanks to Our Site Sponsors

Go Back   Boat Design Forums > Design > Boat Design
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Most Recent Posts Gallery Images Search

Old 02-20-2012, 06:20 AM

Rep: 10 Posts: 1
Design for a mild steel barge for academic purposes

Hi, I am a masters student of Naval Architecture,

I was wondering if it was possible to have a design for a mild steel barge at least with its offsets and structural members, purely for academic purposes?

I am working with ANSYS multiphysics, and would like to perform static, modal and harmonic analysis (and fatigue if time permits) for a real world vessel but have hit a roadblock.

I cannot afford commercial off the shelf designs now, but i am willing to provide the analysis i would do by early April.

I have access to Maxsurf (and its Modules), Ansys Multiphysics, MATLAB at my university.

This is intended to be a strictly learning experience for me with assurance that no data received will be divulged, but my analysis can be used by the other party as they wish.

Interested prospective designers/firms can email me.