Deck Boat Hull Design

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by LowelandSystem, Sep 17, 2016.

1. LowelandSystem

LowelandSystem Previous Member

Hi,
    I have designed a deck boat hull, which I want to convert it into multipurpose variation. Paddle boat to Outboard motor. Looking for kind feedback regarding pros and cons of the design.
    Below is attached is real time rendering of hull boat for inspection.
    Thank you.

Boat Hull link

2. Petros

Petros Senior Member

can you just post an image, that link just takes to an on line sketch user group, I had to create and account just to get access. And I could not find your image

3. LowelandSystem

sorry I am posting an image. My bad.

4. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

The hull forms of a paddle (wheel?) and an outboard will be quite different shapes. Getting "kind feedback" about the "pro's" of this concept will be easy, though I doubt you'll learn much. It's analyse of the things you haven't considered or thought of (the con's) that will be most helpful, so you can address issues you may not have realized are there.

5. Petros

Petros Senior Member

now I get an "error 404" message when I hit the link.

can you just put an image on this thread please?

6. LowelandSystem

7. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Okay, a Garvey hull form. What are the general parameters for this hull? Target speed ranges, weight, etc.?

8. LowelandSystem

Its a client paddle boat, they wanted it like deck boat style with paddling system. 4 seater, Approx average person weight 80 kg.
    Boat dimension:
    Beam: 7 ft
    height:3.5 ft
    Length: 10 ft.

Max speed is not their concern, they want to chill in there lake with good food. storage and fishing equipment.
    Below is the final design draft.
    https://skfb.ly/TrJF

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.