Damage Stability-passenger emergency evac

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by watchkeeper, Nov 20, 2009.

1. watchkeeper

watchkeeper Previous Member

Hi all,

Could anyone provide tips on how to best go about establishing details of safe evac of passengers for BV approval to include in Damage Stability Handbook; 'Instructions to the Master'

The vessel is 30mt alloy Cat with 6 watertight doors (2 x aft, 2 x amidships, 2 x fwd of MD passenger area.

I'm not a NA and I'm out of my depth resolving this.

BV sent the following:
    1. Please provide a detailed analysis or calculation or actual drill under requirement of 4.3.1 of A.373 for damage case of 4 & 5, for our evaluation of the evacuation procedure and evacuation time.

2. Once above item 1 submitted, reviewed and satisfied, a cleared instruction of escape method when damage case 4 & 5 occurred, should be provided in the part of "INSTRUCTIONS TO THE MASTER" in the damage stability booklet and this notice should be placed onboard clearly visible for the master/crew and passengers for emergency escape as necessary.

Thanks

2. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

Ahh...same thread.

What is the Flag and Class notation of the vessel?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.