could widely spaced in-line props reduce cavitation while

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Squidly-Diddly, May 17, 2010.

1. yipster

yipster designer

[​IMG]
    all very interesting and ad my findings with bravoIII drives, ok not widely spaced but on planning hulls they perform well
    added weight was the first thing seeing the boat a little lower at the stern again so risers had to be installed
    driving out of the box was a mixed pleasure, better grip made the boat go twice as fast stationairy
    top speed was a little higher and boat tracked notable better. complexity, cost and what i'm reading above makes sence too
    never figererd out why i didnt go for 2 single props counter rotating but the old alfa's allready took out much of the wheel effect
    i have had single props tho that diverted so much energy sideway's they didnt steer anymore, seen ships with cr props too, hmm
    been imagining that plane's bowprop above on a bulbbow but try to think simple wheels on a cat now..

2. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

Baeckmo,
    Incredibly I have only now come upon and read your reply in this thread!
    It is an excellent explanation, crystal clear, and has opened my eyes on few things about prop design I didn't know.
    Thank you very much for putting so much effort and time into writing this. It was very useful for me.
    Cheers!

3. yipster

yipster designer

my thanks too, i re-read this thread as well with growing understanding, some considerations on a Ducted-Tip Propeller ?
    reading up on propulsion theory instead of propellor handbook graphs but most math is beyond me, fascinating nevertheless

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.