conversion from plywood to fiberglass?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by walkingwarship, May 14, 2015.

1. walkingwarship

walkingwarship Junior Member

But then id have to take great care to make akk the wood look exceptionally good. Ha ha! How do u get transparent like that?

Pointer?

Oh... Not scared...

Maybe scared if rammed by a narwhal...

2000 leagues under the sea reference...

Nevermind, I wanted a sailboat to live on. I wanted her to have a planing hull and withstand the pressures from the bow wave and stern wave if I put a 70 horse motor on her. I wanted to build it myself but not I don't think I can sobi was just playing around. I realize now that I wanted boat since 1990, bit nobody would allow me to get one. I'm honest and homeless and disabled due to a form of autism and I hate life. Nobody thinks my ideas are cool or that I could even find a place to stay and build a boat. No money left, stuck in FL about to kill myself.

2. peterAustralia

peterAustralia Senior Member

life is not easy walkingship. Last year I lived in my car for six months, no one knows this was the case, not even my family. People do care, you might not think they do, but most people really care.

Having a place of your own to sleep is something to look forward to. Maybe try and find the cheapest second hand boat you can buy. Anchor it in a quiet place out of the way, then you have a nice safe, dry place to sleep at night. You wont pay rent, only money you need is for food and some cooking fuel. You might be able to find a small boat for under $1000. It wont be much, but its a place of your own.

If you want to build your own boat, a very simple liveaboard, somewhere to sleep, cook etc, goto the shantyboat living website. There are some small boats there, mini houseboats that you could make for a few hundred dollars. See if you can get a small 2hp 2 stroke outboard, and then your mobile.

People do care, I think getting a simple boat of your own where you can sleep aboard it your first bet, after that look at a nicer boat. I know these are only a few words, but maybe they can help a tiny bit

3. walkingwarship

I freaking had that right under my nose and then I didn't get my pin number and dude sold it before I got my pin number.

Now o have no money, no food, nothing.

4. peterAustralia

I had a 2 minute look on craigslist. Here is a free 13ft boat. At the moment it looks awful. Get some plywood, put a box cabin on it, and you have a mini houseboat. You need a little money for some plywood, plus a little money for a second hand outboard. Then you have your own place to live, and be secure. It wont be much, but if will be yours, you can sleep securely, explore the waterways a little. I can see a second hand anchor for $50 there on craigslist.

Once you have your own little boat to move around, I suspect things will start to look up. Just maybe you can save $500, get a free boat, ask some friends to help you build a little cabin, and you have a mini houseboat. There might be a yard somewhere where someone will allow you to do your work for a week for no money

https://miami.craigslist.org/brw/zip/5025521101.html
    https://miami.craigslist.org/brw/zip/5025069417.html

you could end up with something a little like this
    http://shantyboatliving.com/2014/diannes-rose-plans/
    http://shantyboatliving.com/2014/rent-shantyboat/

you kinda get the idea, just add a plywood box on top to keep the wind and water out.

5. peterAustralia

for free food try salvation army or something like that. To get your bank account back, go into the bank and tell them what happened, all you need is ID. If you have lost your ID... I dunno, maybe someone that lives in the US can tell you how u do it. I am on the other side of the planet, hang in there

6. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

Things sometimes happen that seem disappointing at the time, but just save you a whole lot of trouble you would have bought into ! Remember that song, "Don't wish too hard for what you want " etcetera. :D

7. walkingwarship

Yay thank God I found a free boat!!!! 1973 Morgan Out Island 28!!! Described as a good boat that needs a lil work. Looks like I'm gonna hitch hike to the keys!

8. FAST FRED

FAST FRED Senior Member

"Especially because you could see into the water like a glass bottom boat!"

With see thru antifouling paint?

9. walkingwarship

Would need that huh...

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.