Concealed anchor storage system, Help

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by quicova, Oct 30, 2007.

1. quicova

quicova New Member

Hi,

I'm doing a project about concealed anchor storage system, like the one used in the Wally yachts, or the new Dixon Y2

anyone knows were I can get more information about this topic. and also new systems about concealed anchor systems.

Thank you
    Cheers

Quico

2. FAST FRED

FAST FRED Senior Member

Hiding the anchor aboard comes with a built in hassle, THE STINK.

Mud has organic life that decomposes rapidly ,so if you really bring the anchor and ground tackle (esp chain)below decks , it must be scrubbed really clean every time.

An auto sea water wash down of the gear might solve the problem .

The Euro style setup where the anchor nests in a Hawse Hole , and leaves the mud outside the vessel is lots easier to live with.

But the chain will still STINK!

FF

3. DanishBagger

DanishBagger Never Again

Fred,

Couldn't one have a concealed system, including a small jets, and an outward drain?

- Again with the "euro style" (sorry, but that monicker triggers annoyance with me). I don't see anything particularly "euro" about that system. Isn't it just what the big ships use:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Unless, of course, you mean something completely different?

4. Jef Peeters

Jef Peeters New Member

Hello,

I'm also dooing a project about creating a concealed anchorsystem for a sailing yacht like the wally yachts. It's more like a thesis for me and I was hoping that you could help me with some interesting information or may be by mailing your project so I could bould further on it?

Thanx

Jef Peeters

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.