Compromise

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Willallison, Mar 15, 2010.

?

Does the process of producing a complete design invariably involve compromise?

1. Yes - compromise is an integral part of the design spiral

36 vote(s)
    97.3%
  2. No - Every aspect of a design can be the optimum

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

Chris - I agree there's nothing to be gained from belittling Rick just for the sake of it. It does indeed go against the grain of the sesne of community that Jeff has asked us to keep in mind.
    But it is knda relevant to the discussion don't you think? To deride the use of a term that you know full well is an appropriate term - and one which Rick has now been shown to use himself..... I think that says it all.

So, perhaps on that note, we should indeed consign this thread to the annals...case closed

2. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

Agreed.

I don't consider this thread a "witch hunt"; while I agree everyone is "entitled to their opinion" the original assertion was not simply 'in my approach' but rather implied that the great majority were "sloppy" and "Wrong". Thus if you assert the great majority are wrong it seems fair to expect to be challenged and a proper start for a new discussion such as this thread.

However, I think the points have been well made a few times over now in this thread.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.