comment on rudder

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by lazeyjack, Sep 16, 2008.

1. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

you know, i have never agreed with much I what you do, But I have never attacked you, ever
    You show you lack of class and zero upbringing, you and you thicko SA MATES STICK TOGETHER you have very few boats built there so you have never seen what the rest of the world does
    i feel sorry for you andf you viloence you Wyn are a thug, full stop
    ciao
    case rested

2. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

Actually, and thanks for kind comments, , get to know a man before you slag him off, ok, I am nether NZ or Au
    and try make virtual real
    I speak by phone to many from here and by yahoo to others, they take time out to get to understand me
    Truth is I get tired of the false claims, the lies that come up here, and I challenge these things
    What gives you the right to say these things? what have I ever done to you?
    And as for Wyn,
    you know I told him he had done a good job that boat, but he ignored that, so please read ALL, I also told him he had made abetter job steelwork that I could, but he ignored that too
    Fact is he made silly claims, and I picked up on that, Some can not stand critique of the product, and that is a sign or imaturity

3. LyndonJ

LyndonJ Senior Member

lazeyjack
    OK I have edited my post a little in reposnse to your post above. But understand how you present on this forum. You are not a happy person and you display your frustration for all to see.

I'm sure you are a reasonable person underneath the facade of the hard bitten grumpy old boat builder, but you do rub people up the wrong way in a confrontary and downright rude manner at times. You appear to have something eating you thats twisting you inside and it's almost painfull to see.

Sometimes the recipient deserves your wrath but often all they have done is disagree with you, your threats and anger are there for us all to read (look at your posts. They are all there for the record ).
    I hope you get easier with yourself as time goes on.

OK I'm a patronising psychoanalyst but it would be nice to keep the taunts and jibes and egotism out of it, most people are bright enough to see your point and the diametrically opposed one without the emotional carry on.

4. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

youa re quite right and perceptive
    but rather than air your arts , thoughts here, why on earth do you not pm
    I am Never -one blow my trumpet, but I will say this, I am, above all honest
    And you know I have been thru all this before, like 30 years ago, when I sAW young kids trying prove emselves the best
    You see, unfortunately, these forums have very few pros, and sometimes, when ones advice, is taken wrong way as oft happens, I see red,I may POST 10000 words to help, no feed then 10 words of pouring scorn on some redneck --neg pts
    True in my working days I would never be here, too tired
    But you can look a t my posts, where are the personal attacts , ? show me one, I even told ole Swain he was ok, as for Wyn, I posted him pos, , as I have many . i even said, that I thought he built a fairer hull than me, but trouble is you take things in isolation And then what does he do, attacks all Ozzies, smile, cos I am not one
    But despite all that we have never given neg feed abt each other I kinda respect him, even though he is WAY off track with Dix
    So what do you do? call me twisted?
    i do not wish to espouse my lifes troubles in here, and believe me there are some
    But get off virtual and into some sorta reality
    ask Fit weld, billy doc and many others that have taken the time to know me by phone, please dont thisk you can read all IN HERE EH, COS YOU CAN NOT:)
    So you close yourself off, hide here, ? are you afraid some personal contact?
    my handle at yahoo is lazeyjack

5. Zilver

Zilver Junior Member

Why do you not ?

Hans

6. Brent Swain

Brent Swain Member

I have read comments about racing boats losing too much speed rounding the buoys because they have too much directional stability.
    Too much directional stability? That is the exact opposite of the priorities of cruising boats , where the more directional stability the better.
    This clearly shows the difference between the priorities of racing boats and cruising boats. So what works well for racing boats in terms of rudders can be the exact opposite for cruising boats. Perhaps that is why so many racing boats don't have skegs and so many cruising boats do. We want directional stability, they don't. They also have a huge supply of helmsmen, that we cruisers don't have. Ditto a huge supply of money to repair the rudders that they so often break.
    Brent

7. Dudley Dix

Dudley Dix Designer

I was not aware of this discussion of a few months ago, it was brought to my attention yesterday. I know that I am not the best designer in the world and hope that I am not the worst.

There are valid reasons for using rudders of all types. What works for one boat will not necessarily work on another. One cannot generalise about any feature in boat design.

I have written a post at " http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/metal-boat-building/not-another-one-25443-5.html#post248290 " that gives some background to this thread, particularly about the man who started it. This info about him is offered so that you can come to your own conclusions about whether or not to accept his advice.

Dudley

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.