Columbia 8.3 Drawings?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Arcturus, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Arcturus

Arcturus New Member

Does anyone have access to or know where I could obtain the lines of our 1977 Columbia 8.3? Are there maritime archives somewhere that bankrupt builders have sent their drawings to over the years? Thanks, Arcturus

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure who has control over Alan Payne's designs, but this would be the first place to look. Columbia had a factory fire in 1991 that likely destroyed any on site paperwork, though I'm speculating. I remember the fire and they lost a lot of stuff, including their molds.

Additionally, you can get a 3D laser scan of your boat, that would create a "point cloud" that can be imported into modeling software or ACad. This would let you have a very accurate set of lines of what you have.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.