Chine angle on edge of hull

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by aaronhl, Mar 8, 2014.

1. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

The level of understanding you need, requires a considerable amount of study and experience. Getting that here will be a very slow process. Asking specific questions will yield answers, but you need more then just answers. You're best option is the hit or miss method, though this too will be time consuming, so pattern after a known model, test it, then start "fooling around" with alterations.

2. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

Are there any weight stipulations for these RC racing boats ?

3. aaronhl

aaronhl Senior Member

Exactly, Since I'm relatively new to this, I think starting with a design and modifying would be a good idea.

There is no weight minimux/maximum/ requirment in rc boat racing. I guess it' not good to have a boat that is really light or really heavy? The hydros need to be light, but maybe monos not so much.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.