Center Console & OB Mount

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by PYS, Sep 15, 2008.

1. PYS

PYS New Member

I am building a center 15' 6" Garvey. I am looking for where to get a center console for it as well as looking for how to mount the 40hp outboard off the transom. It is a flat bottom, plum transom of about 24" high and does not have an engine well. I was thinking of making a mount that stands off the transom but, A: it may not be recommended as it may move the weight of the outboard too far back and cause the boat to porpoise; B: i am not sure how to make it so that it will be good and strong. I am building the boat out of 1/2" MDO plywood for the frames, deck, sides and bottom and fir for the stringers. I have a few photos of the building if anyone would like to see. I have just put the stringers in.

Thanks for any help!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.