Can someone help me draw?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by 32Deadrise, Apr 21, 2011.

1. 32Deadrise

32Deadrise New Member

I would gladly pay someone to sketch up (roughly) my design idea so that I have a starting point with the guy who is going to be handling the modification.

Below is a picture of my 32 deadrise bay boat (Cruisers hull out of St. Michaels, pilothouse some later date). I am going to open the pilothouse (to a doghouse), raise the roof and extend the canopy.

I want the design for the modified area to be similar to the Hinckley picnic boat - pictures below. I think I will be leaving the front of the pilothouse alone as it is well constructed, though quite basic.

I would love it if someone could show on the photo of my boat the pilothouse modification.

What do you think?

Gunwale height: 25 stern; 29.75 where angled piece comes in from pilothouse.

Pilothouse roof is 86 wide at rear, 44 long in the middle narrowing to 42 at edges port and starboard.

Deck width is 92.5" front widening to 104" in the middle and 102.5" rear;
    Length of deck is 224" down the middle

Cabin is 37.5" deep (from edge of wheel mount) and 91" wide along the rear side.

Gunwales. 13" wide along sides to 23" at stern apex

Engine box is 44" by 53.5" Box is centered port/starboard and

Trans Box is 39.5" by 16"

Rear controls measure 7.5 x 7.4

Rear steering box 23 x 12. Plus 1.5 for wheel overhang

Attached Files:

2. pistnbroke

pistnbroke I try

I would think as this is going to cost you an arm and a leg to execute then the guy who is doing it should provide a drawing as part of his quote...If you cannot explain what you want in person and on the boat to your contractor we stand little chance ...clear the decks and get a spray can and mark it out ....

3. bhnautika

bhnautika Senior Member

32deadrise here is a pdf (Two files one imperial and the other metric) of a line drawing you can print to scale. You can use this as a base for doing some sketching of your ideas. I made the assumption that it was a 32-foot boat.

Attached Files:

4. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

go to staples or office depot and get a book or a few sheets 4 squares to the inch paper (1/4"), lay out your boat-top view and draw in your changes--you can do it freehand--just follow the lines. Then see if you like what you have done. I doudel all day with this type of paper and it is all to scale. each square is 1'.

5. viking north

viking north VINLAND

While you're at the supply store pick up a french curve templet, something that has curves to fit the scale you are working with. Most boat layout designs make use of these standard curvature rates and it's hard to get the design pleasing to the eye without them. Man thats not a picnic boat thats a full blown outside restaurant. :) Geo.