CAM suggestions

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by BTScow, Oct 5, 2009.

1. BTScow

BTScow Junior Member

To Any One With a Suggestion,

I have designed in AutoCad a 24' double ender. I have drawn the lines and sections etc.... I am interested in building a model of said design and am interested in having the stations CNC cut. I am thinking 1":1' scale. This is a small job, no doubt. Any suggestions as to where I can find such a service would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks in Advance

BTScow

2. duluthboats

duluthboats Senior Dreamer

BT,
    Call around your area, look at cabinet shops and sign shops that have CNC routers. Most will work from .dxf files and give you a quote.
    Gary :D

3. pamarine

pamarine Marine Electrician

What he said.

Just a quick search for folks in your area returned 3 results. A promising one is Benson Wood Products in Cottage Grove, WI.

If you want to pay freight from Norfolk, VA I can do it.:D

4. D.I.M.1

D.I.M.1 Junior Member

Also, for small parts manufacturing try EdgeCAM, if you got Autodesk Inventor than you could use them in tandem. I personally can attest to its effectiveness.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.