Building a Small Boat

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by mgriffin, Mar 30, 2009.

1. motoklas

motoklas Junior Member

#DSKIRA….
    This modular boat is absolutely great. I like very much the simple design, and the flexibility.
    ========================================
    Thank You…
    I just have a hope that I will build it, and that I will be satisfied with results!
    It can be used separately as a land camper (the first module) and small boat (the second module), or joint together as camping-boat (micro-shanty)... We will see what happen on the end!
    Regards,
    Zoran
    p.s: wonderful web-site you have! Nice ships indeed, especially the future one> battle-ship shanty…

1 person likes this.
  2. mgriffin

mgriffin Previous Member

Apex, if the new jet engine did'nt show up in that PM I sent you, here it is:

Attached Files:

3. apex1

apex1 Guest

4. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

A pulse jet engine... You want to put it on a boat? Wowww...

V1's (Apex' link) used pulse jets with valves, which have evolved (?) into valveless pulse jets - simpler construction (can make it in your garage) but less fuel efficient. There's an excellent tutorial about them written by a slovenian guy, here:
    http://www.pulse-jets.com/valveless/index.htm

If you go to the main page of the site: http://www.pulse-jets.com/
    you will find few on-line calculators for a dimensioning of your own DIY pulse-jet. :)

I didn't follow this theme, so maybe you have already discussed about those links...

5. apex1

apex1 Guest

No, that was not discussed by now. Thanks for the links.
    you have PM

Richard

6. mgriffin

mgriffin Previous Member

No Apex, I know about the V1. I read alot of stuff about those engines, and the differance between mine and the v1's is that the v1 has reed valves and only ONE combustion chamber. Mine can have as many as 3.

7. mgriffin

mgriffin Previous Member

8. pistnbroke

pistnbroke I try

I thought this post was about actually "building" a small boat ...
    the whole process is shown below...

Attached Files:

9. mgriffin

mgriffin Previous Member

It is about building a small boat, and I am going to start in November of this year. CAN'T WAIT!!! MUST HAVE MY OWN BOAT.......EXPLORING THE RIVER.......AND THE SWAMPY RESEVOIR......FISHING.........SHOOTING DUCKS..........TORMENTING ALLIGATORS........WATCHING OUT FOR BULLSHARKS.........Yes, that is what I'm going to do once I build my boat. There is actually bullsharks and alligators on the river also. Oh, and alligator gars...water moccasins...some other stuff too. BTW, I'm naming my boat Quicksilver. Stop teasing me with photos of your small boat! I'm anxious as it is to build my boat!

10. apex1

apex1 Guest

I love the way you express your demands and phantasies Mike! Go ahead, we are with you..............

11. mgriffin

mgriffin Previous Member

Phantasies? What phantasies? All I said was true..."I am going to start in November of this year. CAN'T WAIT!!! MUST HAVE MY OWN BOAT.......EXPLORING THE RIVER.......AND THE SWAMPY RESEVOIR......FISHING.........SHOOTING DUCKS..........TORMENTING ALLIGATORS........WATCHING OUT FOR BULLSHARKS" I am more than likely going to do that stuff.

12. apex1

apex1 Guest

Yes Mike, no doubt, but at present that are plans (I said phantasies), they HAVE to become true.

13. mgriffin

mgriffin Previous Member

Oh, yes, sorry. Can't wait to move! I'm going to give you some rep. points since I can now, and you asked me to awhile ago. How do I give you alot? I gave other people rep. points but there reputaion amount didn't change...

1 person likes this.
  14. apex1

apex1 Guest

Haha, nice Mike thank you! No you could NOT give me these points (I guess you misunderstood what I told you), as long as you did not have a certain number (I do´nt know how many) posts. The amount of points you could (or can) add or reduce someones score depends on several factors which I have forgotten. But you have no direct influence. I just tried how much I could add to your score and that was 16 points.

Richard

1 person likes this.

15. mgriffin

mgriffin Previous Member

well I gave you one rep. point, not much.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.