Brent Swain

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Boatbuilerfx, Mar 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boatbuilerfx

Boatbuilerfx New Member

Hi Bent,
    You don’t like the spray, you’re not a traditional old school boat designer. Great I’m in your camp. I am looking to work with a comtempery boat designer. As you know building a boat of any kind envolves a tremendous amount of time and money.

With that said it has come down between you and Bruce Roberts. I’m curious as Bruce has appeared to invest in the most sophisticated cad yacht design software (that designs ships as well I think) and has on staff certified yacht designers with very credible credentials. If I was to go with your services I am curios what quantifiable credentials you would be able to offer me.

2. Wynand N

Wynand N Retired Steelboatbuilder

3. MikeJohns

MikeJohns Senior Member

Boaterfx
    Brent is not Bent :)

we have some stock designs (Prof engineers old and grey lots of experience as engineers and as sailors ) chined hulls comfortable and performance oriented. No website sorry just an email if you are interested mjeng1@supernerd.com.au also have you looked at Brewer, Beneford, Bhueler, Kasten, Van De Staadt ? Roberts have some good and some poor designs but excellent builder support. Good detailed plans don't need much support however.

4. nedafloat

nedafloat New Member

Nomadic

Hi Brent I am the new owner of Nomadic one of you'r designs.A 31 and half pilot house sloop.It seems to me that it is a great boat just what I was looking for.I have only put 1000 miles on it so far but it is made to sail.I have been here in Mexico refurbishing it.I met a guy in LA Paz named Jack Carson that came on my boat and said to keep doing what I was doing to it.I removed the foam from the water line down and just went to the shipyard in Mazatlan and had some new steel welded in to it.Now I just have to put my interior back in and will be ready to travel on.Ned Dawson

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.