Body plan designing

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Laranjo123, Sep 29, 2011.

1. ancient kayaker

ancient kayaker aka Terry Haines

Sectional area! So that's what that curve is that FreeShip displays in the profile view! I still don't seem to have any use for it but then I didn't go to (NA) school . . .

2. Wavewacker

Wavewacker Senior Member

No mentors here kid....I'd help you if I could but I'm not an engineer or NA.

3. Laranjo123

Laranjo123 Previous Member

I know how to plot a body plan i've been using Munro's method in plotting the Bodyplan all i want to know is. Other methods on how to plot bodyplans. Actually i am working on two thesis one on general cargo and one of that yacht. But still i can't form her body so i quit forming it. To the fact i want to make an animation for that. Because my plan is to make a 3d animation presentation for my thesis defend. I'll use maxsurf then for the texture i'll use autodesk maya. Because in the the first place i don't like being a naval architect student. But time came i realized that it's good to be a naval student. Though sometimes i keep on telling to my self i rather took the course of a comsci or a com engr. Because i am a hacker . But i only hack those people who pissed me a lot of times. Because i love computers But guess God put me here. And not familiar what was this kind of course in the first place. I appreciate your help people. Because i know that a guy who frequently ask questions is a guy who want's to learn more and desperate to eat knowledge."!

4. Laranjo123

to mr.ancient kayaker

Sectional area is the frontal area of the immersed part of the ship. Starting form your draft down to the bottom keel of your vessel. ( every station ) Also Sectional area curve has her twin sister LWL curve which corresponds to your shape of your vessel on draft water line.

5. ancient kayaker

ancient kayaker aka Terry Haines

Thanks L123, and good luck with you studies!

6. Laranjo123

To mr. Gonzo sir i passed all my exams with high grades sir i always get 90 above . But i can't get the 100%... I am not smart but i only use 5% of my brain then 95% in diligent. I'm the only one 5th year naval who was able to form my shiplines yesterday. My classmates doesn't know how to form bodyplans....Because reading the books is not their stuffs.

7. Laranjo123

Thank you mr. Kayaker but still i'm stuck doing my thesis O__O

8. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

That is shocking that a whole class of fifth year NAs can't draw body plans.

9. Laranjo123

To tell the truth i am the only one who could draw the body plans using munro's method. via SAC and LWL. They can draw body if the offsets or shiplines ( plan view ) are given. But if SAC and LWL curve are'nt given they can't. I taught 2 of my classmates because i want them to learn what i've learned. And because those of my classmates are DOTA addicts. After our class they would go to comp shop's to play DOTA ( pc game ) me i go home to read and learn. Now that we are 5th and reached this level. They're all stuck. To where? forming and computing their sac and lwl. Me i already have my shiplines and i'm about to go stright to calculate my hydro scantling ettc... Actually it's not my fault. It's their's not mine. Pay me ok. Good but i will only teach those who are worth it. and willing. but willing is not enough i want a person who is willing and absorbs what has been taught. I hate them when we are taking our exams why?. because they cheat. Cp's with cheat codes formulas are written behind their chairs. Palm, underneath those shoes. etc. Me i just go out when i'm done taking my exams . And i don't want to stay inside. Because they will ask me "Reymart over here! What's the answer?" Oh ***** i just go out. and go home straight. That's it. Not to the fact they're all rich kids some are shipyard owners yacht owners but me i am not rich that's why i persevere to reach and become knowledgeable to this field. Yes Mr. Gonzo you should feel the shocking behind the truth that 5th year naval architects can't draw the body plan using SAC and LWL curve. Thank you

10. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Good luck to you with your studies. I believe that in the end, studying hard pays off.

11. Laranjo123

Thank you mr.gonzo. Finished my shiplines but the lwl curve didn't match to my desired LWL curve. Haha need to distort those lines again. Good thing maxsurf is present in action.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.