Boden boat plans ?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by eggman918, Jan 16, 2011.

1. eggman918

eggman918 Junior Member

I am leaning towards one of their designs and am wondering about plans and support after purchase of plans.What can Y'all say about this company ?
    Steve.

2. MikeJohns

MikeJohns Senior Member

What type of vessel and which design were you looking at?
    Both Bill Bollard and Cecil Boden are deceased. I don't know who's designing the current powerboat plans.

3. eggman918

eggman918 Junior Member

I am looking for a boat to use off the coast of California for me and my wife to fish and dive I want to take 2 to 4 day trips to the islands aprox 26 to 35 miles. economic operation safety and comfort are desired.I have some experience with the region and power boats 20'. Much over 28' would be to big for my facility.
    http://www.bodenboatplans.com/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=29
    this has caught my eye.
    thanks
    Steve.

4. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

I wasn't aware Bill had passed away, a great bloke, gave me some good advice.
    If the ownerships the same now, I got some inspection/survey work done by the proprieter of Boden Boat Plans about 10 years ago- a cluey guy, did a good job for us. I think Troy Munnery is one of the designers I think- at least of the Z cats on offer.

Eggman, best to email them & ask, the plans the're selling are kind of stock & relatively cheap, usually you pay heaps more for custom & design support, the stuff on offer is mostly from very experienced Naval Architects so should be good.
    All the best from Jeff.

5. Quatsino Boater

Quatsino Boater Junior Member

Just bumped this thread, because I am also interested in Boden plans, my interest is in the BB530 "trade Winds design.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.