beach cat hulls built surfboard style

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by peterchech, Sep 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peterchech

peterchech Senior Member

Thanks par, that is good advice i will def build a test sample. I'm always excited to experiment with different techniques! Jack of all trades master of none? Maybe, but i have fun and haven't had any complete failures yet... ill prob impregnate the bottoms with graphite if i go through with it
    , some nasty submerged posts from old docks by where i sail...

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Another thread with Paul B's input, how enlightened we now all must feel. Your reputation has decreased by 50% in the last 48 hours Paul, possibly an indication of your value around here. I invite all to take Paul to task and remind him of their respective opinions of him.

Peter, I apologize for Paul, he is an insulting nuisance and essentially useless for the most part, with intermittent sprinkles of intelligence displayed every so often, none of which he's shown on your thread.

Graphite can toughen up the bottom of the hulls, but it's not going to do much for penetration and impact, plus it'll bring a fair bit of weight to the equation. Try it on your test cylinder. Weigh before and after and work out a percentage over the affected surface area. Then beat it up and see if the weight is worth it.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.