Bali Runabout

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by plessek, Jun 19, 2009.

1. plessek

plessek Junior Member

Hi, I am new in the forum, that is my first post, so shortly let me introduce myselve. I am a furniture manufacturer situated in Java-Indonesia. As the infrastructure of the island is very bad I planed to build a boat.

As I am in woodworking it should be a wooden boat. First I felt in love with the RIVA. It is quit big - a to big project for me for my first boat to build. I did order some boat building plans in the US and started a small runabout as a working sample to learn about construction and workmanship. With the help of some other forums I found some boats that even suit better for my purpose - the Riva seems not to be that good in rough weaters.

please check out www.dolvic.no An other link with fantastic boats is http://www.stancraftboats.com
    So at the moment I am also still looking for a perfect runabout. Classy and cool and a lot of wood. Deep V - hopefully with a cockpit.

2. plessek

plessek Junior Member

this is the first boat I did to test the workmanship. I plan to put an old mercedes 2,8l engine inside...

Attached Files:

3. plessek

plessek Junior Member

This were some ideas for my second project, done by my furniture product development appartment. Nothing new, just a copy. In an other forum I learned that the boat is not really a bad weather boat for island hopping, so we did add a deeper V.

But this is not really what I want. The dolviks and stancrafts are really cool. Better than the Riva.

So I will have to revise a lot, I think.
    Regards,
    Peter

Attached Files:

4. oktobernull2

oktobernull2 Junior Member

5. cetus

cetus New Member

das werde ich ausprobieren...

6. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

The hollow bow reminds me of the old Chris Craft quadraconic. It was a model copied by many in the 50's. It is OK for a chop and under 30mph. However, there have been improvements. For rough weather and load carrying capacity a planing hull is not the best choice. Have you looked at Lobster boats and Carolina Sportfishermen?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.