aluminum speed boat plans

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by ggdn, Aug 11, 2009.

1. ggdn

ggdn New Member

I'm looking for plans to build an aluminum speedboat to be used in the great lakes. I'd like to build a boat that is around 25' long, give or take 5', 4-6 people. I like to go fast, and don't mind rough water. any input would be great

2. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

3. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

Hello,
    Open, cabin or flush deck? Classic or modern style? What is your workmanship level with aluminum?

4. ggdn

ggdn New Member

closed bow, I/O / Jet propelled - not an outboard fan, 4-6 seats, would like to see 40+kts wide open (faster is better). I have access to a lot of engine resources, so HP (up to 300) is not a problem. I am experienced as a carpenter, and can mig weld just about anything. I have a shop with access to every tool except a press, but my next door neighbor is a fab shop. I use to be a aerobatic Pilot, and I still like to go fast!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.