Admiralty Formula/Henschke diagram - Searching a copy

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Vincent G, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Vincent G

Vincent G Junior Member

Hello all,

I am searching a diagram from HENSCHKE giving the Admiralty Coefficient in function of Taylor coefficient and slenderness ratio.
    Does anybody has a reference to this old diagram or is ready to share a copy of the published diagram?

Regards

Vincent

2. jehardiman

jehardiman Senior Member

Considering that the Admiralty Coefficient is hullform specific and the original Taylor data is presented as resistance per ton displacement curves plotted against prismatic coefficient and displacement-length ratio for given values of beam over draft and speed-length raitos, I am at a loss to see how could have plotted the data as just on slenderness ratio without gutting it.

Or are you talking about Gertler's re-analysis?

Or something that appeared in the Shipbuilding Manual (Schiffbautechnisches Handbuch) by Henschke.

3. Vincent G

Vincent G Junior Member

I do not know the exact reference of the diagram I am searching.
    I have a useless bad copy in a French military engineering school with the following formula:

RT = D^2/3 * V^2 * k/m^3
    RT: Total resistance -- bare hull
    D: Displacement
    V: Speed
    k: coefficient coping with units
    m: admiralty coefficient

A diagram is giving (m/L^0.0594) in function of L/Vol^1/3 and V/L^0.5
    See enclosed copy

I would like to know where the original diagram is coming from and to get a copy of it.

Thanks for your help

Vincent

Attached Files:

4. CountvonLuckner

CountvonLuckner New Member

Admiralty coefficient is plotted against prismatic coefficient for a number of ratios of V2/L in Attwood/Pengelly (1953)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.