AC45 daggerboards

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by ewolf, Mar 23, 2016.

1. ewolf

ewolf New Member

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

I'm making my final degree's work about a numerical studying of the daggerboards used in AC45. I would be glad if someone could give me some information about the profiles used there (maybe naca's profile? which series?)
    I've been searching the whole google but without luck.

Thank you very much sailors :)

2. upchurchmr

upchurchmr Senior Member

You might find someone knowledgeable at the Sailing Anarchy Forum.

3. Stumble

Stumble Senior Member

I would be absolutely floored if you could get any of the AC teams to provide this information to you. At least for now they are all in an arms race testing foil shapes on the 45's since they can build unlimited 45 foils but only a few of the big boat foils. So far as I know all of the foil technology is being held completely in house, and nothing short of a SEAL Team is going to dislodge it.

If you are interested in lifting foils I would suggest looking at the development in small beach cats. The A-Class, Nacra's, Whisper, Flying Phantom, etc. these are designed available to the public, and so the engineering is likely more available.

4. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

===================
    Contact Doug Schickler at: http://www.styacht.com/ if he's not too busy he might be able to help.
    You could also try Tom Speer ,who is a member here and would be able to help if he wasn't tied up.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.