90% boat-10% vehicle amphib

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Squidly-Diddly, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Squidly-Diddly

Squidly-Diddly Senior Member

Here is a new "truck" that looks about right, maybe even over-powered (no doubt uses lots of fuel), for a basis for a Self Portaging Amphib Cabin Cruiser of approx Option One size.

Take a Phibian's running gear, install on slightly larger but lighter constructed semi-displacement hull, use skinny tires and smaller engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCUGSA0E0Kw

"A plural component "system" might be the cheaper/easier where 4wd tows a front loading barge & then a simple derrick or skip bin lifter style loader whacks the trailer onto racks...... or similar, an old school landrover had a pto to run propulsion from to sterndrive or similar....... like a "de-constructed" amphibious.. recovery winch on the front could be directed to derrick...
    or there's this bloke...
    J."

Click my Gallery for my trailer able/containable cat design. The mast is the trailer frame, and I was hoping it would be possible to carry the tow vehicle (ford F-350 etc) on the boat itself, although would require disassembly on each change.

1 person likes this.
  2. Jamie Kennedy

Jamie Kennedy Senior Member

Very cool, and not even coal powered. :)

3. Squidly-Diddly

Squidly-Diddly Senior Member

Any coppers give you any guff about "agricultural machine" (full bar, shag carpets, etc) just tell them its an "algae harvester".

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.