50 passenger ferry boat

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by splash, Jun 30, 2004.

1. splash

splash New Member

Hi guys! could someone recomend me web pages of boat manufacturers that will make this tipe of boat...
    I´m looking for a 50passenger ferry boat arround 12m x 4m made of aluminium, fiber glass, or steel with in board motors. it does not have to be cabined, Its to be used as a taxi boat in summer in Spain so a canapy to make some shade from the sun will do.
    If you know any boat similar to this please let me know
    thanks!

2. Ilan Voyager

Ilan Voyager Senior Member

It's better to seek local advice

Hola,

You're in a forum at 75% american, and not very workboat. It should be better to see with a spanish naval engineer or naval architect to counsel you about local shipyards. A lot of workboat shipyards have "their" designer.

As I remember there are a lot of good small and big shipyards in Spain and in your size there are not technical issues.

3. Morgig

Morgig Junior Member

Please feel free to visit our web site www.camarc.com, we may have something suitable which we can work with a local yard on.

4. Peer Lovfald

Peer Lovfald Guest

Yacht Designer of Skimmer Catamarans

Wish to become a menber

5. THERIAULTMARINE

THERIAULTMARINE FULL MARINE SERVICES

I have a vessel in mind that was designed for just what you speak... aluminum and outboards and is also a CAT.

Give me an e-mail theriaultmarine@yahoo.com

6. davidjgray

davidjgray David Gray

Can I suggest the big brother of the Spirit 36, the Spirit 50, 50 passenger fast ferry. This is designed to EU class C standard. The Spirit 50 is a high speed design operating at speeds of 20+Knots. It can be built here, or we can work with a local yard as required. Please contact us to discuss your requirements further. We can supply a reference from a local broker we met last month in Barcelona if required.

Regards

David Gray

7. royalray

royalray Junior Member

passenger boats

I have some designs and new water passenger boats for sale if you are still interested
    Royalray

8. FAST FRED

FAST FRED Senior Member

WE currently operate a 50 Pax boat , and have found Honda Outboards not up to 4200rpm cruise and comercial 10 hour a day service.

Gets sorta expensive having 6 or 7 in the shop , and still needing 2 to run.

IF serious about outboards for power I would run the business plan to sell them off after 6 months , and just by new units .

Expensive !!

FAST FRED

9. MrYagci

MrYagci MrYagci

Design&Construction

May be I can help you for designing and for construction of the boat. I am a designer and in our boat yard we are working on steel, wood and Fiberglass boats. If you are thinking of building your boat out of your countary, Turkey may be a good choice. Good luck :)

10. MrYagci

MrYagci MrYagci

Design&Construction

May be I can help you for designing and for construction of the boat. I am a designer and in our boat yard we are working on steel, wood and Fiberglass boats. If you are thinking of building your boat out of your countary, Turkey may be a good choice. Good luck

11. cyclops

cyclops Senior Member

PR people and engine reviews make Honda out to solve any problem. What are the weakest parts? None of us give them a workout like a business has to.

12. Gone Ballistic

Gone Ballistic Junior Member

New Passenger Vessel

Hi,

The company that I work for design and build aluminium workboats in the UK. We currently have for sale a brand new 56 person ferry. Please see our website, www.alnmaritec.co.uk for more details.

Cheers

Andrew Thwaites

13. weheritage

weheritage Junior Member

Austal

This is a very good company. Manufacturing high quality boats using American workers. Located in Mobile, AL.
    Austal - Contact Us
    ... austal.com. United States of America PO Box 1049 Mobile , AL 36633 100 Dunlap Drive
    Mobile , Alabama 36602 USA Telephone: +1-251-434-8000 Fax: +1-251-434-8080.

http://www.austal.com/

14. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

I noticed a few people mentioning that outboards were giving them trouble on these large, 10-hour-a-day commercial craft.
    I've never heard of a recreational-vessel outboard that can take this kind of treatment. Outboard engines of any sort are intended for relatively small boats, especially mass-produced boats where the builder has to offer his customers a dozen engine choices. I think Mercury uses the DisneyWorld fleet for their testing and rarely gets more than a year or two out of a motor there. If you need long-term reliability, all day every day, go for a massively overbuilt low-speed engine like any of the hundreds of good marine diesels out there.

15. cyclops

cyclops Senior Member

200 hp OB's aren't that cheap. Compared to the good Diesel averaged over years.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.