24' Proline Restoration Help

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Capt. Chet, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Capt. Chet

Capt. Chet New Member

I'm just beginning to restore a 1972 24' Proline center console. The boat has no stringers or transom, basically its just the hull shell. Looking for help on truing up the hull. The hull sat without the transom and the port side splayed out at the stern quite badly. Wondering is there any way to take measurements and determine the proper angles/curves in order to true up the hull?
    I've done a lot of searching on the net but can't find anything. Would be nice to have the hull design plans if possible to get the section and faring numbers.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Seadog

Seadog Junior Member

Man, that's a tough one. I can tell you I'm restoring a 1970 Aquasport 222 and I pulled out the stringers and transom down to the bare shell. I built a 'cradle' out of 4X4's sunk into the ground and 2X6 cross braces. Then shored up the hull from there. But I had the advantage of having the cradle built and the the hull on the cradle before I pulled out all the stuff.

If your in Tampa you might try calling Proline in Crystal River or Tommy at Hammer Head Boat Works. I was at Tommy's last week and he was restoring an older 24' Proline: http://www.hammerheadlivewell.com/ He may be able to help.

Those older 24' Proline's are pretty popular rebuilds in our part of Florida. You may be able to find someone who will let you take some measurements off theirs. Youv'e chosen a really nice boat too! Big cock pit, and lots of room.

Best of Luck!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.