19m semi displacement / planing hull "Port service boat"

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Devu De Goa, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Rabah

Rabah Senior Member

Hi Devu,
    How much and deeply to study the theory, actual hazard is so augmented to not complete the project in the specified term.
    The last advice - receive such form of the hull:
    1. A stationary value deadrise of the bottom 15deg from the midship up to the transom, one demolition for the bilge /sharp chine/ without a spray wedge, without a horizontal segment in CL.
    Or
    2. Deadrise in the midship 15 deg, and at the transom - 0 deg, too demolition on the bilge without a spray wedge.
    Let sides slightly to deflect from the vertical for two versions.

For such hull I think power for achievement 25 kts will be 2 х 500 = 1000 kW
    And it will be a semi planing Motor Yacht.
    Note:
    The method of Holtrop is received at availability only a horizontal forces. When at definite velocity there is also a lift force then will apply this method is a gross error!

2. Devu De Goa

Devu De Goa Junior Member

Kindly accept my gratitude

This is an extract from my project report. Thankful to you all.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
    I would like to thank Prof. André Hage for his valuable inputs and time in reviewing my project work. It was his constant pressure which kept me focussed on this job. Most importantly, the out of the box innovation part was not possible without the freedom he gave in doing this project.

I would also like to thank Prof. Philippe Rigo, the EMSHIP Consortium and the University of Liege without whom I would not be here at this University doing this project.

My sincere thanks to Mr. Donald Blount of D.L. Blount and Associates Inc. for his valuable advice to me on ResearchGate (https://www.researchgate.net) at a very early stage of the project. Also, thankful to Mr. Sakir Bal and Mr. Sasan Tavakoli for their valuable comments on ResearchGate.

Gratitude to all the members of Boat Design Forums who participated in the discussions regarding the project. Especially, Mr. Razmik Baharyan from Bulgaria who showed keen interest in the project and without whom the discussed concepts would not be fully understood. Thanks to Mr. Bijith Sarkar, TANSL, Mr. Efficiency, fcfc, Alexanov, bit, waikikin, Ad Hoc, mydauphin, nzboy, Jarmo Hakkinen, etc. for their valuable advice.

Special thanks to Prof. Jean Baptist Souppez and Mr. Nikita Pottier for their keen interest and replies.

I am also thankful to Mr. Gerard Törneman of Volvo Penta for showing keen interest in the development.

Lastly, and most importantly, I would like to thank the University of New Orleans and their Dr. Brandon Taravella for their research on semi displacement vessels. All my work is a continuation of their research but for a smaller size of vessels.

All these names above demonstrate how well connected we are in today’s world and how we all together as a community contribute to the development of this field.

No single man in the technological field is worthy of full credit for his work. 

3. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

Devu De Goa, it's very generous of you. Thanks and good luck in your professional life.

4. Rabah

Rabah Senior Member

Hi Devu,
    I am very glad to help you. But that the controversy was completed as you should is necessary to make still following - to show your final output, only on jpeg picture, certainly with the sanction of your professor, together with characteristics of the hull. For example for me is interesting the form of the hull and what engines is curious has picked in the issue.

5. Devu De Goa

Devu De Goa Junior Member

Model tests

Okay. For everyone interested in the final output, here are is the model testing video:

https://youtu.be/1R4Rj9_fNLQ

Would be glad to receive your comments. :)

6. sidali

sidali Junior Member

hello all , could i have a contect of mister RABAH, please

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.