1929 Elco cruiser restoration

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Tangusso, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Tangusso

Tangusso Junior Member

I would like to speak with any members that have done a restoration on a vessel simnilar to this one. I would be interested in discussing the scope of the project you completed, pitfalls you encountered, and rough costs for the type of work you completed. I am attempting to develop a timeline and budget for an upcoming restoration. i would really appreciate any input.

2. eponodyne

eponodyne Senior Member

You should probably try the WoodenBoat Forum. There are several people there who have each restored several of that type. Free to join.

*edit to add* I'm not trying to chase you off from here; rather the contrary, I'm pointing you to a group of (slightly mad) experts so you don't get frustrated with not getting the answers you need here. By all means back around from time to time and let us know what progress you've made. I love all those old salty dames from that era.

3. Kay9

Kay9 1600T Master

There is a lot to what you ask. I have rebuilt several wood boats. Note this is not the same as a full on restoratation. I have done this also.

If you want, you can e-mail me at evlisten at netzero.net and we can talk some.

K9

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.