15' rowing boat design need HELP

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by noonagon, Sep 15, 2005.

1. noonagon

noonagon New Member

I am in class at the moment, at the Marine Institute. I am studying naval architecture and we have to find a lines plan for a row boat that is roughly 5 metres or 15' in length. a cad file would be GREATLY appreciated and i need it asap lol thanks so much if you can help me out here

Last edited: Sep 15, 2005
  2. Tim B

Tim B Senior Member

Your best bet might be to digitise a lines plan and develope the cad model from there. Lines plans for rowing boats are fairly easy to come by. Alternatively e-mail the companies producing the lines-plans. They may be willing to send you a CAD drawing (or file) for the same cost as the lines-plan.

Tim B

3. noonagon

noonagon New Member

well, i would love to have a cad file already done cause this is due soon, lol digitizing a lines plan takes some time. if anyone has one it would be greatly appreciated :)

4. Raggi_Thor

Raggi_Thor Nav.arch/Designer/Builder

Why don't you just draw one the way you think it should be?

5. SailDesign

SailDesign Old Phart! Stay upwind..

noonagon, when you say it is "due" soon, is this your way of telling us that you SHOULD be designing it yourself for a class project?
    If so, may I suggest doing your own homework. If not, may I suggest ignoring the sentence beofore this :)

6. water addict

water addict Naval Architect

Do your own homework, dude.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.