11' tunnel hull

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by woodman, Dec 16, 2007.

1. woodman

woodman New Member

Scaleing down plans I found on the net and changing the look is more tricky than thought. Does any one know the depth and width of the tunnel in the Glen-l Tunnel Mite?
    The only tunnel plans that have a pickle fork I found on the net is nearly 16' long.
    Some of the pics. of current tunnels, the bottom side dosen't seem to curve up at the nose, the tunnel seems straight. Yet the sponsons get taller toward the front. And the top of the sponson is more wing shaped.
    Trying to build an 11' boat to do 40mph with 25 hp outboard.
    Any one have a set of Tunnel Mite plans they want to get rid of?

Attached Files:

• boat1.jpg
      boat1.jpg
      File size:
      221.6 KB
      Views:
    • boat.jpg
      boat.jpg
      File size:
      269 KB
      Views:
  2. dick stave

dick stave Senior Member

I'm not sure if this type of tunnel is compatible with a jet drive. If you look at the modern inboard tunnel jets ( Phantom sport jon, Seaark predator, Harbercraft extreme shallow ) you will notice some major differences. You may want to have a look at the Glen-l builders forum as there is an archived discussion regarding pwc powered boats.

3. dick stave

dick stave Senior Member

I misread your post. Sounds cool. Carry on.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.