1 bar leak test

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by hamedhpt, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

If I remember correctly an air craft is only pressurised to 20 PSI. This is not sufficient to zero the effect at 40,000 feet but the human body has to accompany some of it.

So 14 psi in a boat looks a bit daft don't it.

Any pressure above 14 is considered a pressure vessel, hence a cars radiator pressure cap will never be more than 13.7 as all kinds of regulations would apply.

This is from memory I suppose I will get googled and kicked about a bit on this one.

I dont care --bring it on.

2. Poida

Poida Senior Member

@ Frosty, a uboat:D

3. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

A u-boat?

4. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

What? Me-boat? :mad:
    Hey, are you talkin' to me?

5. Poida

Poida Senior Member

A 1 bar leak test is: How long you can sit at a bar drinking, without having a leak.

6. bertho

bertho bertho

gents,
    we test a lot of tank for french navy,rule is 0.3 bars, it's already a lot of stress for a tank.. just fill with water, rise a pipe, whatsoever the diameter at 3 meters hight and you will have a test at o,3 bar.. let a night, consider the temp variation, dilatation of water with temp is easy to notice on a small tube !
    one bar will make a potential bomb..
    best rgds
    bertho

1 person likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.