Why do I never have enough money?

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by medusaboat, May 8, 2006.

1. hansp77

hansp77

not sailing yet,
    still up on the hardstand. 2/3rds deck removed, 1/3 cabin roof removed, 5-6mm of paint all-over stripped, hardware and deck gear from companionway back removed and restored, fresh patch to hull epoxied in, designing/moving traveller, shaping up new tiller, antifoul and topsides scraped and sanded, lots of solid brass cut and polished and just waiting....
    This (four day) weekend we hope to get her her near-finished, get the new deck and roof down, and get her primed and painted, enough to put her back in the water, and stop paying these debilitating yard fees.
    But of course as the days go by the jobs just seem to get bigger, extend or change.
    But I think that we will make it.
    And more than that, she will be beautifull.
    Photos and installments will follow next week.

Hans.

2. Raggi_Thor

Raggi_Thor Nav.arch/Designer/Builder

Lead pigs (do you say that?) in concrete works OK.
    I know a man in Oslo whi used scrap iron in concrete in the bottom of a cold moulded hull 20 or 30 years ago. It still looks OK.

btw, My 4 years old daughter draws very nice boats, gaff rigged cutters with green and blue sails and brown hulls.

3. hansp77

hansp77

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.