Whats your favorite brand of efficient windows?

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by scphantm, May 8, 2014.

1. scphantm

scphantm Junior Member

I am in the bar napkin phase of a dutch barge and i was just thinking about all the stuff i would have to deal with. Plus all the lessons learned from the last boat i built (actually, currently building) and have a question.

If i decide to build another boat, it won't be setup for florida like my previous ones. I finally moved out of the devils armpit and am back home in Pittsburgh, so i would have to deal with ice instead of massive amounts of hot, sticky, oppressive heat day in and day out.

Im thinking of doing double glazed windows all the way around. windscreen, probably a dozen portholes, probably another dozen hinged out windows, maybe some sky lights, etc. but there are so many window manufacturers out there, i was wondering who you guys like.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.